prophetofenvy ban (server and discord)

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by prophetofenvy, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prophetofenvy

prophetofenvy New Member

1. Banned Players Username - prophetofenvy

2. What are you appealing? (Perm ban, Tempban, Mute, ipban) - Perm Ban on Discord and server

3. What were you banned for? Post the exact message presented upon trying to log in, or the message showed on the ban management page. - "Being racist on Discord"

4. What is your rank on any of our servers? Guest/Member/Donor (please only state one) - I've purchased a Master rank on Bending both for myself and Emerality.

5. Do you think this ban is correct? - No.

6. Why should your ban be reversed? -

Today I was banned on the grounds of racism, but the real reason I was banned was personal bias. Yes, it's true I say things that, at face value, might seem discriminatory. But this is all satire. As someone who is LGBT themselves, a member of the Young Democrats club, and the Young Women's club, discrimination is something I actively fight against.

Of course on Minecraft, it wouldn't work to go around saying "Guys, don't be racist!" so instead I intentionally mimic a lot of discriminatory rhetoric in an obviously joking way. When people sincerely ask me to stop I always have, but this ban came out of nowhere. The only "warning" I got was one of the Helpers saying "prophetofenvy = bad" which is also proof of discrimination against me personally and not my actions.

7. Please tag the staff member who banned you (use an @ before their name)(if console banned you, tag PhanaticD)

Like I said I really don't know who banned me because it happened so fast (and with no warning) and I can't go back and look, as I'm banned from the Discord.

2. GrimmGhosts

GrimmGhosts Well-Known Member

@Whiist banned u, wait patiently for their reply

3. Whiist

Whiist ᴄʜᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs❤️

The fact you think your comments are not innapropriate shows me how ignorant you are. Saying racial slurs to someone, then making the comment "aha, you're probably trying to find a reason to ban us" The rules that we have ingame translate to discord too.. Which was player disrespect. So it was clear you were thinking you could do it and get away with it.

You should have been banned ingame a LONG time ago after your history.. It's disgusting and you put the final nail in the coffin after actually saying it over voice chat;

[​IMG]

This ban WILL remain, Personally someone like you is not someone that needs to be on the server OR discord. I couldn't care less if you're someone that supports or is apart of LGBT.. You should know best that what you say isn't nice, Racial or sexual..

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Whiist

5. prophetofenvy

prophetofenvy New Member

Look at the boxes you highlighted? Those are all people who called ME those insults. I got muted for simply saying the word that they called me. It's probably similar cases for the other ones. People with the power to mute look at the chat and see that I'm saying a slur, even if it's me calling for someone to STOP them from calling me said slur. You were not there for the entire duration of the voice chat, (like when a group of boys came in 10 minutes earlier and were making sincere homophobic and transphobic comments towards me, even though I'm not actually trans). The people who I was "being racist towards" understood the joke and were jokingly being rude back. You joined and immediately banned three people based on a conclusion you jumped to and without understanding the context.

6. Whiist

No lol.. That's ALL the reasons YOU have been muted for.

I don't see no report on that? If there was a report on that i could have dealt with it. That doesn't make it right for YOU to make racial comments.

7. prophetofenvy

prophetofenvy New Member

The literal mute message says that I said : "eboysalty called me a ******* *******" but because I didn't bleep out the slurs when I was asking for help (or for him to stop) I got muted. Again, I got muted because I was asking someone to stop calling me slurs, but because I said the slurs they were calling me I got in trouble. You are using these instances as a case against and also letting them bias you against me.

8. Whiist

Doesn't really explain the other times you've been told about toxic chat..

You've misesd the point anyway, You were making racial comments thinking you could get away with it. That doesn't slide with me. It remains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.